Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'm jsut wondering what extension do you change an .exe to if the malware disables it. Like if you click it a pop up says INFECTED INFECTED. Do i change it to .pif?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

I notice you have quite a few unresolved topics in the AII forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ult_type=topics

If you suspect malware, please post a Posted Image in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this topic (they will want to know why you suspect malware).

Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it, as that will only further delay a response (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help).

Please stick with your new topic in AII and follow all instructions given by the malware expert helping you until they declare you clean.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

Actually, I just didn't know how to resolve them. My friend's about to reformat his computer because its full of viruses. I just wanted to try and help and wanted to know what I should do if Malware Bytes doesnt execute

P.S
All my problems were resolved, my uncle came and reformatted my computer and I don't know how to close those threads

Edited by BrainyTehBrain, 16 April 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

How to resolve an AII topic: follow all instructions given by the malware expert helping you until they declare you clean.

I do not have the authority to give malware advice, especially in the XP sub-forum.

Probably the best thing for your friend to do is just go ahead with the reformat. In my opinion, it's the quickest and easiest way to rid a computer of viruses, malware, etc...with guaranteed results. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

With notable exceptions, threads are not normally closed when resolved here...we keep them open so that members/viewers may benefit from the content.

Thanks for providing us with feedback of your resolution, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users