Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google search links redirect to random sites firefox and ie8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bassbean

bassbean

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi, im going nuts here. I have win xp sp3 with all the newest updates. I have firefox and ie8. There both updated to the newest updates as well. Evertime i do a search, google loads the results as normal with all the correct hyperlinks under them. When i click on the link to say somewhere normal like ebay.com It takes me to some off the wall site. allways some off the wall random site that may or may not have something to do with the website i wanted. I have run full deep max huristic scans, with avg, nortons, kaspersky, bitdefender, mcafee, counter spy, spybots, malwarebytes, spydoctor,superanti spyware, sopos rootkit, hyjack this, anti rootkit, ive run ccleaner, cleaned out every temp folder, ive unistalled reinstalled the borwers, delted all the data folders, ive reset them to defaults. Ive reset the host file, winsockfix, checked for proxy settings, reset the firewall, the sob will not go away. I have tried day and night for a week and a half, i want to rip my hair out. I cant get it to go away! Ive run in safe mode and from my user account as well as admin. How can all those things not be able to find it.
It happens both in firefox and ie8. I do a search, the come up normal with all the correct links, but when i click the link i end up somewhere else 9 out of 10 times. How the heck can it redirect me like that. Please can anyone help before i go maaad! :thumbsup:

Edited by Budapest, 16 April 2010 - 03:38 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bassbean

bassbean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hi my name is jim and im having a nighmare. Im running xp sp3 with every app updated to the newest version. I have ie8 and firefox. My problem is, when i type a search in google, say ebay.com, u will get a list of normal results as usual with the correct hyper links under them. When i click on any of the links, i may get ebay the first try, but 9 times out of 10 i get taken to some random off the wall site every time. this happens in firefox and ie8. i have reset everything, unistalled reinstalled, delted the data folders, i have run every app i can think of on its max setting fully updated. bitdefnder, kaspersky, nortons, avg, mcafee, trojan hunter, sopso, hyjack this, rootkit finder, combofix, spybots, malwarebytes, spydoctor, counterspy, superanti spyware, ect, i cant even remember them all, scan were done in safe mode and noramal mode, in admin account and my account, i reset the host file, firewall, winsockfix, check for proxy ip settings, blow out every temp folder thats hidden, used ccleaner. Ive done everthing thing i can think of know to man and that ive read online. Ive spent allmost a week and a half day and night trying to get rid of this sucker, and it just wont stop happening. Its driving me insane, why to people have to make rotten crap like this.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
Include the ComboFix and GMER logs.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users