Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wipeclean lost wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 miniman1

miniman1

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

I recently had to do a wipe clean on my sons Advent notebook 4211 B -C but after installing xp again i appear to have lost the wifi capabilities of the machine, any help please ?

Thanks.
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

update your drivers, and make sure your wireless driver is there and if there is a wifi button on the exterior of your laptop make sure it is turned on

#3 Kalon Wiggins

Kalon Wiggins

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

check your device manage and make sure your network adapters show up. To access it, rightclick your mycomputer, choose manage, and then device manager. Under the network devices section you should show at least 2 adapters. One is for your onboard LAN and one should be for your wifi. If you are missing either then you need drivers. Also if anything shows up in that pane with exclamation marks you need drivers loaded as well, so you need to dig out the drivers disk that came with the computer for that, or try and download new ones from the manufacturers website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users