Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hiding my folders caused my "Users" file to dissapear.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeekerOfD

SeekerOfD

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

Basically, i was trying to look for my AppData file in my Vista computer. But i couldn't find it. So i thought it may be hidden, so i right clicked and ticked hidden and a process went about pretty much hiding everything i had. So after realising this i unhid everything and MOST of my things came back. My documents were still there thankfully but alot of things weren't.

Also, my "Users" folder has completely dissapeared. It is non existant.

Also, my quick toolbar at the bottom left next to the start button is also gone.
As with my Network folder and everything :huh:

Basically, i don't know if everything is hidden or is just completely reset or something.

I don't know if you need my specs but im not thinking straight right now.

Thanks

EDIT: Okay, i think i got my users folder back from hidden status. And a bunch of other stuff. My quick launch doesn't have the "show desktop" icon anymore which i found useful.

Edited by SeekerOfD, 16 April 2010 - 10:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Have you gone to Start>Control panel>Taskbar and Start menu, and looked for it there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users