Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse and keyboard not working properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Daklane

Daklane

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hi, my keyboard and mouse arent working properly after i got a the Antivirus Soft Rogue virus. the problems include when playing a game the up button stay held even when im not pressing it the CTRL buttons like to stay registered as being pushed down when they arent my scroll whell on my mouse will work on the URL bar of a browser but not in the web browser itself but will work in folder windows, also instead of controling the volume of my Media Player it skips the songs, oh and it wont let me drag and drop or click certain things in certain programs. Please help i have already gotten rid of the antivirus soft virus with the program you guys told me to use.

Thank you, Dakota

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hi daklane,

haha we have the same first name,
do you use a ps2 mouse and keyboard or do you use a USB keyboard and mouse or do u use a wireless setup?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Daklane

Daklane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:31 AM

yeah im using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard

Edited by Daklane, 16 April 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

try reinstalling the driver to do this rightclick your my computer, choose manage, and then device manager. then find your keyboard and right click and uninstall then restart windows and then do your mouse and use the keyboard to restart windows.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Daklane

Daklane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

ok i tried it and it didnt work its still messin around with the buttons and everything else

#6 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

You could still have traces of the Malware there?

To double check, try using USB Mouse and Keyboard. If it makes a difference, I suggest you Post in "Am I Infected" and PM a Mod to close this one to save confusion.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users