Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logisys case problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ebgmr2799

ebgmr2799

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:37 PM

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this site. I just ordered a new case from Newegg, a Logisys phantom cs 601. It looks really cool and I thought I could put a recently aquired motherboard in it. The problem I am running into is when I plug in the computer power cord the fan on the power supply does not run. I don't know if the PS has to have a load on it ....ie(monitor,video card...etc) before the fan kicks in and cools the PS down.

Also the motherboard I aquired is a P4 that was given to me, the person who had it before overclocked it and blew the power supply on his old computer. Thats why I bought this logisys case with a 480 power supply.

My questions for anyone who can answer them.

1. Could the fan the new case be broken? This is my 2nd case with the same exact problem....I sent the other one back to newegg and they just sent me this one.

2. Could the motherboard be fried? since the person overclocked the processor.

3. Does the motherboard hve to be plugged in and running to make all the lights on the case work?

thanks
ebgmr2799

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:53 PM

1. Could the fan the new case be broken? This is my 2nd case with the same exact problem....I sent the other one back to newegg and they just sent me this one.

2. Could the motherboard be fried? since the person overclocked the processor.

3. Does the motherboard hve to be plugged in and running to make all the lights on the case work?

1. this does happen with case venders. I purchase many cases on newegg, and it always turns out that the case manufacturer took the cheap way out on the psu. This is a factor, but maybe try running the computer with a few programs running and see if the psu attempts to cool itself. If it doesnt, just replace the power supply. 450 watt 20-24 pin psu's can be picked up for around 35-40 bucks.

2. Its a possibility, You can try the motherboard in a new case, and if it works fine this is your problem.

3. Technically, if you want to turn the computer on (power switch wise)....yes. After the computer is turned on, al other lights should function.

#3 ebgmr2799

ebgmr2799
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:19 PM

thanks for getting back to me...... I don't have anything in the new case yet...it's just a case and psu....i thought the fan must come when you plug it in.....but to have the same problem with 2 new cases.

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

Well, I do belive you need to turn the psu on using the motherboard by the power switch for it to work. everythingneeds to be linked to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users