Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't save to deskop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Obujuwami

Obujuwami

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hello all,

I have migrated my personal computer, which is running Windows 7 Business, to my personal domain. My server is running Windows Server 08 standard and I am using roaming profiles. As I began to customize and build my domain profile, I realized that I couldn't save to the Documents folder or the desktop; both were being redirected to the server. I began to troubleshoot the problem and, after reading a number of articles and help threads online, I discovered that granting ownership should solve the problem.

I granted ownership rights to the appropriate folders and it didn't help anything. I discovered that the C:\ drive is read only and thus moved the Documents folders for both the users in my domain to another partition and set up appropriate rights and ownership for the root and sub-folders. While this did solve my problem saving to the Documents folder, I still could not save to my desktop. I removed the local version of my domain profile but this still has not solved the problem. I have since removed my domain profile's folder on the server and locally but end up with a temporary account when I try to log in. :thumbsup:

Even after setting the home path and triple checking group policy, it still was giving me problems. I have since abandoned that profile until I can get some insight to what I did wrong and can repair the problem. If anyone has any insight, please ask questions or post here.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

This sounds like a software problem and not so much of a networking issue. Might be better in that forum.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users