Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus Suite removal question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computer mom

computer mom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

My computer is infected with the rogue Anti Virus Suite. I am about to use the removal guide and noted that it say to "login with the user name you usually use." The one I usually use is a limited account and is not an administrative account--but it ws the account that I was on when the attack occurred. Should I log on into that limited account to start the removal, or go into the administrative account?

Sorry if this is the wrong Forum--I'm new and I'm not sure where to post.

++Tried running the computer under the "online and email" limited account--was able to connect and download rkill after I changed the proxy settings. However, I got the following message:

Windows cannot open this file: pev.rkexe

and the rkill halted at the beginning. Never really got to run. I left the message and kept trying to run it but it still doesn't work. I closed the messages and downloaded IExplore.exe--got the same message and it halted as well.

Any ideas on what to do? I'm in contact with the folks at the Norton IS forum, since they suggested running this to me. Just thought you might know what I'm doing wrong--

Edited by Budapest, 15 April 2010 - 04:43 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users