Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MySecurityWall malware issue with RDP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ptoneil

ptoneil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

I'm looking for some help here with (what I hope) is the final cleanup steps after removing the MySecurityWall malware.

This is on a Dell machine running Win XP Pro, V2002 SP3

The user picked up the MySecurity Wall trojan along the way. Thanks to this website, I was able to kill it and remove it. I've installed MalwareBytes, updated it and run a full scan and it reports 0 issues. Everything appears to be working correctly on the computer now except that my RDP links no longer work. When I click on the RDP icon, it simply does not respond.

I noticed that the icon itself changes on this computer from all others. On the other computers the icon looks like a monitor screen with a sat dish next to it. On the problem computer, the icon is a monitor but has a gray circle with two opposing green arrowheads in it. I've tried deleting the RDP icons and resaving them from another computer but to no avail. The PC support company we contract with says they don't know any fixes for this and that I need to reimage the computer and start from scratch. To me, it just doesn't seem like that should be necessary but I would do it at this point if I had the restore disks available (which I don't).

This computer is also running AVG Internet Security as its normal anti-virus software.

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Pat O'Neil
It Manager
Bellevue Builders Supply

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users