Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Enter' key won't work in MSN Messenger.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Corinne

Corinne

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:15 PM

Hello all
This is such a stupid little thing but it's driving me crazy!
I was having a conversation in MSN Messenger and had a message all ready to send, but one of those 'error in syntax' warnings came up in front of it. I tried to hit enter and send my message, but it wouldn't let me...I thought it was just because the error window was still up.....so I closed the error thing by clicking 'yes', but there were about 7 others behind it, so I clicked through them all until I got to my message again. But by that time my enter key wouldn't work to send the message at all. It works in Word and Wordpad and stuff, just not MSN.

I'm not even sure what happened there...please help if you can. Thank you!

>Corinne :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:33 PM

You may want to uninstall MSN Messenger and then re-install it, especially if you are using an older version, if this input problem persists after exiting the application and then relaunching it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:48 PM

yeah i had this problem too, i just un installed it then re-installed it and seems fine now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users