Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen flickers uncontrollably before blacking out, blue screen appeared twice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 foothegreat

foothegreat

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hi everyone,

My problems first started when my screen flickered for a while, screen went blank, then my laptop (Dell Inspirion 1420) said it has just recovered from a display driver error. A few days later, my screen flickered crazily again before blacking out for good. My laptop was still running but the screen was gone. I restarted a few times, each time at the start the screen flickered and went dead, even in safe mode. After a few tries, everything was ok again. So I went to download the latest drivers for my laptop, using a program called Driver Genius. This included downloading the latest driver for my Nvidia graphics card. Everything was ok for one day then the next day the same problems came back. This time round, even a blue screen appeared saying hardware malfuction, didnt get other details. After a few restarts, my laptop was ok again. However, today, when I on my laptop, the power went on and the processor started up and loaded stuff, but my screen was blank the whole time. Restarting was useless, same thing.

Do you think it is a software problem or hardware problem? Could it be a virus? Will reformatting my laptop help?

Appreciate you taking the time to read and help.

Thanks lots

EDIT: Moved to Internal Hardware from Vista, more appropriate ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 April 2010 - 01:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

Definitely a hardware problem....probably a failing graphics card. I'll have this moved to the Hardware sub-forum where you'll be able to get better assistance. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users