Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

questions??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boy indian

boy indian

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

Good day again! right now i'm using Microsoft Security Essentials and the window defender aren't working? is that the case? it disacctivate the windows defender? and finally what do you think fo MSE as a over all tolls? thank's again and more power..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

defender is integrated into MSSE I am pretty sure.

I had to uninstall it on the machine I was testing it on since it would over ride whatever I was doing on the computer when it decided it should update or scan and it was too hard a performance hit. I need a computer that does what I tell it to do :thumbsup:

I still install it on the computers of clients who have a track record of not running manual scans or refusing to do updates. It is better than the disabled or outdated crap usually ignored by users who are not very sophisticated.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

Yes, MSE turns off Windows Defender.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security...s-defender.html

Personally, I feel as though both are inadequate, and you should look elsewhere for anti-malware software (Avast would be my first recommendation). :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 boy indian

boy indian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

thank you again! for the fast and good replys... :thumbsup:

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

You're welcome! :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

i agree with ken-in-west ,and i like it better than Avast ,use it on 3 computer in the house with great success and also install it on clients computer for the reason Ken does

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

I use W7 firewall because my Intel dealer recommend it and I am one of the few that I know of that uses Trend Mirco Antivirus . It has worked well for me. Your choice of what to use will take some home work. I do thank M/S for getting more involved in security; saying that I don't know why it took so long. With the money and people they have if they put in on the high priority of there company it would be great. Must not be money in it for them as they see it. From my understanding most people also keep (on demand only) Super Anti Spyware and Malwarebytes anti-malware bytes. With a looking around on this site you will find there sites. P/S Lots of times on this site reading what is pinned will be a lot of help :thumbsup: Aboard

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

I use my router as a firewall as it is the first part of my network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users