Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Right speaker not working!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moparhead

moparhead

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

One of my Creative speaker is not working.. It's the right one. Tried in my friend's house... It works fine there. He has the same speakers.. I borrowed those and tried it on my computer.. The right one doesn't work.. Both the speakers works fine. I don't know what's wrong.. Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

Have you run the Sound Troubleshooter yet?

Sounds like a channel is out on your chip/card, IMO.

Louis

#3 Memphis T-shirt

Memphis T-shirt

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

:huh: The usual "NEED MORE INFO" plea.. We aren't telepathic here, and can't read your brain to find out what you didn't tell us!

I'm guessing you have a a bad "mini-stereo" patchcord, a bad R-chan amp, or a bad soundcard (in that order).

Which model of Creative speakers?
Is it a "subwoof" setup?
Did you take the WHOLE setup (including subwoofer and cables) over to your friend's house for the test?

Most Creative (and other mfrs as well) have the amps in the subwoof. The "right speaker" by itself may have some controls, but there's no "power' in said speaker. The weight alone should tell you that.

Non "subwoof" speaker systems usually have both R and L amps in one speaker box, the heavy one.

The fastest way to eliminate the soundcard and it's jack is to plug in a known-good pair of earbuds or headphones into the pooter's green jack directly. (Even "dollar tree" earbuds are OK for this, if you know they work). The volume might be exceedingly low (especially if the green jack is configured for 'line out"), but you should hear both channels evenly.

As an aside though (and hoping you checked that), there IS a "fader" control in the Windows Volume Control under either "Advanced Settings" or "Mixer" depending on Windose version and/or sound device setup. It could also be in the application that came with your sound hardware. :thumbsup: Sometimes there are conflicts, which one you are using AT THAT TIME can get confusing if that happens. (Early RealTek HD Win7 apps did this, they updated those "rather fast")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users