Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Abnormal Mouse Cursor Behavior, Date/Time reformatted

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rascaal

rascaal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

Hello,
I've been invaded!!! The mouse cursor is quite irratic. When performing a single click on a form, it is sometimes interpreted as a double click. When dragging a form the form doesn't respond or it will respond to the drag sporadically. When attempting to highlight text, image, etc., the highlight doesn't happen or only a partial highlight will occur. It is very annoying which is what I'm sure is the mission of the designer of this bug, virus, trojan, whatever. Also, at the same time this invader changed the format of the system date/time form standard time to military and month/day/year to year/month/day. I've ran the AVG anti-virus program and AVG root toolkit - they've both came up without finding any foreigners. I've ran Spybot and it to came up empty-handed. The operating system on this computer is XP sp3.

Sincerely,
rascaal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

System manufacturer and model?

FWIW: System problems such as have (so far) described...may occur for various reasons...malware may be among them, but let's try a few things.

First...I'd like you to run the chkdsk /r command. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query and hit Enter. Reboot the system and let the command execute, the system will boot into XP when the command has completed.

Second...I'd like you to enter the BIOS and check the time/date reflected there and ensure that all settings are still as they should be.

Third...if your mouse still behaves erratically, try a different mouse.

Louis

#3 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

I have had this happen a few times on other machines. This is normally down to astuck key on the keyboard like the CTRL button. Give your keyboard a good clean and see if the issue goes away.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users