Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Remote desktop password reminder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WelshSteve_*

Guest_WelshSteve_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

I'm hoping somebody can help. The company I work for has an old server that used to sit in another office. We moved offices, and setup a completely new network. I used to connect to it remotely using Remote Desktop Connection on the PC I work on, bUt it has been that long since I used it that I cannot remember what the administrator password is, and I need this password to remove the PC from the old domain. Is there any way of finding out (via the registry maybe), what password I put in when I used remote desktop dconnection to access it in the past? I'm guessing not and it's probably a long shot, but if there is a way, it would help me loads.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

If it is part of a domain and you accessed it with your account then your account password should work. However if you are trying to get the default administrators account password from the machine you will not find it. There are some programs available on the net that will allow you to reset the password.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 Guest_WelshSteve_*

Guest_WelshSteve_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks. I will logon under my old domain login

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users