Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp Acting Strange.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SanSan

SanSan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

Recently my computer has been acting a little sluggish or so to say "weird." I mean maybe Im just getting paranoid, maybe Im opening too many programs at once. But I would like to give my comp a thorough check. Help please. (I know I didnt mention a specific problem, but what I would really want is just help on scanning my comp with the types of programs you all use , step by step. I just really want to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my comp and its just my paranoia ;_;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")
- security programs in use (antivirus, firewall)

=================================================================

Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

===================================================================

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users