Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

zonealarm closes with other users

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 herveplan

herveplan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Hi all

Can someone help me.
I installed zonealarm 7 in the past and it was very good never got any problem when i upgraded to 8 sometimes it would not update the virus definitions and hangs and i got a virus which i got rid by sality killer from kaspersky so i decided ti uninstall ZA by using cpes program from chekpoint. I reinstalled 7 version however i did not get access to internet so i upgraded it to 8 and internet was back again. It took me 4 hours to update the spyware definitions and another 4 hours for the antivirus definitions my internet beeng slow. I was very happy after that.
However when other users log on it says that "zonealarm has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have searched forums for a solution and one forum told me to boot in safe mode and delete files in
c:\windows\internetlogs folder viz backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb
to empty recycle bin and then reboot in normal mode.
After doing that the problem is still there

Everything is normal except that i note that when i go to internet with my browser be it explorer or firefox i have to refresh to get access.

if that can help ZA gives the following message when it closes
Error signature AppName zlclient.exe
AppVer: 8.0.400.20 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781
offset: 00012afb
Also found an error report in a file (attachedAttached File  803b_appcompat.txt   67.25KB   13 downloads)

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:47 AM

I would remove ZoneAlarm and use your Windows Firewall and get Avast or Avira.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Programs often act screwy when components have become damaged. Any program can become damaged.

I would try uninstalling ZA and then reinstalling it, if not the suggestions made by Cryptodan.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users