Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobile Scanners

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dukeofsc

dukeofsc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

I am a real estate appraiser and I am spending a fortune on copies of deed, plats, and property cards when I go to the Court House. I would like to find a very good mobile scanner that I can take with me and scan the deed, plats, etc and then when I get back to my office I can download the data into my computer and print them out. The ideal scanner would be truly mobile in that I would not want to carry a laptop to power it. It would be able to scan in at least 600 dpi because some of the plats are incredibly detailed. I do not think I would need color but if it is available I might pay extra for it. It would need to not only scan 8.5 x 11 size paper but 8.5 x 14 and larger because some plats are much larger than 8.5 x 14. It would not need to have much storage capacity because I would make less than 50 scans per visit to the Court House. Typically I make about 5 to a maximum of 25 copies during one trip to the Ct. House. Speed of course would be a factor. As with any gadget the size of the scanner would also matter. I do not want to lug around something that is heavy and cumbersome. The cost of the product is not as important as its ability to do what I need. I would gladly pay upwards of $300 for such an item. Please tell me if I'm dreaming.

If anyone knows of such a product or where I can start an intelligent search for the above described product please comment to this post.

Thank you in advance.

dukeofsc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users