Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Essentials CANNOT install!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Parmar

Jay Parmar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

Hi everyone!

I have this frustrating problem with an installation of Windows Live Essentials on a Windows 7 (64bit) machine. I previously had Windows Live Messenger and Mail installed, but then installed Microsoft Office Outlook to replace Windows Live Mail. I attempted to uninstall Windows Live Essentials to no avail. I think messed around it and have tried ever so many registry tweaks, cleaners and scripts to try and remove all traces of the Essentials suite. It seems completely uninstalled (even now I can see no sign of any Windows Live product).

On reinstalling Windows Live Essentials, I now get an error which is highly frustrating:

Posted Image

I have tried the fixes for similiar errors but yet again to no avail. I appreciate any answers :thumbsup:

Thanks
Jay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

This is the best advice I see for your error code hr:0xX80070643

See reply by Windows Live Shiela F here: http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?thr...73-ec93e8ddfad6

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 subgrampus

subgrampus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Error////Cancel entry.

Edited by subgrampus, 22 June 2010 - 12:56 PM.

#4 subgrampus

subgrampus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

"Essentials" should be changed to "Messenger" in each place it appears in the subject and text because the problem/s discussed concern Windows Live Messenger, not Windows Security Essentials (Windows Live Essentials does not exist).

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

"Essentials" should be changed to "Messenger" in each place it appears in the subject and text because the problem/s discussed concern Windows Live Messenger, not Windows Security Essentials (Windows Live Essentials does not exist).

Yes it does exist. The poster isn't asking about MICROSOFT Security Essentials, which is anti-virus/anti-malware.

Windows Live Essentials is the applications suite which includes MSN Messenger, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Live Writer, and a few other things.

I'm looking at Add Remove Programs, and Windows Live Essentials is listed, because I have a few of the components installed, and that is where they are listed in Add Remove.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 23 June 2010 - 11:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users