Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

who has best support?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Who has the best support/customer service?

HP is the worst I have ever dealt with so they are not an option.

Many years ago when I had my dell they were great but the computer always broke so I don't want another of those.

Basically my requirements are that the computer is of good value and quality, and that tech support honors my warranty, speaks english, and ships quickly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Personally, HP has always treated me with 5 star customer support, never had an issue with them. However, since thats not an option I think I would recomend Toshiba after that.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

My brother has a toshiba that has problems out of the box but he has not dealt with them on the phone yet. I know a lot of people that have them and none say they have problems though, so I will look into it.

Anyone know about Sony or Gateway?

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

never dealt with the customer service of either, however, in the past I have done several repairs on gateway computers, torn several apart to find really cheap and or lousy parts in them. between the two, Id go with sony.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#5 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Sony has pretty good support (talked my grandmother through basic apps)

Acer is slow over email; it took 18 days for a reply to a reccuring problem and by the time it arrived i fixed the problem anyway.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Ive heard good reports about Acers customer service, however, one thing to be warey about their laptops-they use cheap ball bearing fans, and many arnt greased properly, and can heat up and can actually overheat the laptop and cause damage, Ive seen several with fried motherboards due to them. If it wernt for that theyd be great laptops, and a way around that is to get one of those lap fans from walmart that can help keep it cool.

picard5.jpg

#7 webdr

webdr

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

Noone mentioned about ASUS let me add it. Their products are really solid and support is good.

#8 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

thanks, this is all good stuff to know. If anyone else can vouch let me know.

#9 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

check this out: http://lifehacker.com/5524704/laptop+relia...ne=true&s=i

#10 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Noone mentioned about ASUS let me add it. Their products are really solid and support is good.

I would second that. A friend of mine who is a computer builder says they are the best pc brand to get because of their quality components.

#11 Akthalian

Akthalian

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:23 AM

Realisticly speaking, I would say Sony would have the best all around performance, since they are more of a premium brand than the other major manufacturers. I sell computers for a living (mostly laptops) and I would recommend you find a couple different products in your price range with the specs you want, and then determine which manufacturer is best for you at that point. The brand is not a major fact, moreso what hardware the machine comes with. Let the support quality be a secondary to getting a machine that will meet your needs.

That being said, all brands have a failure rate between 17% and 28% in the first year (and yes im pretty sure that includes apple), but i've always liked working with HP, sony, and dell laptops the most (just personal preference). If you can forgo the laptop, then building your own desktop (or paying someone to do so) isn't really a bad option either.
A+ Certified Support Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users