Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scandisk and checkdisk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 James10169

James10169

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

How do i run the scandisk and checkdisk in safe mode. Do I use the safe mode with networking??...what is the command prompt for running this feature? Please be detailed in your descripiton...I run it from the advanced system care module but it says the f function is not specified..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 webdr

webdr

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hello,

When you choose safe mode there are two others options.

Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt

I would go with Safe Mode Command Prompt

When it boots up i type chkdsk on the screen and press enter.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

Typing the chkdsk command without the /f or /r switch (/r includes /f and is the more complete command) results in nothing being repaired, as chkdsk is run in read-only mode without the appropriate switch.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users