Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Atapi.sys virus Need solution please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pugilist_Cott

Pugilist_Cott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hi, Im Dan and new to the boards. I decided to sign up to bleepingcomputer, as i see it has a professional set up and the poster's seemed very knowledgable about fixing problems on computers. I have googled the atapi.sys virus numerous times and while i have seen some solutions i thought it would be easier to post my own problem. I use AVG Free Version to scan my computer and this is the only infection that has ever come up:

"Virus identified Win32/Patched.CG";"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys";"Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)";"12/04/2010, 21:38:38";"file";"C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe"

Looking through the resident shield detection it says that i have had the virus since 22/03/2010. (Todays date being 14/04/2010).
At first it didnt seem a problem but since i have noticed that when i play a song off iTunes or play a video from youtube it will be very stuttery. And come to the point were it will either just stall or to stuttery to listen to. I also found when i put my laptop into hibernate a few days ago i was met with a blue screen, plus the general speed of the laptop seems alot slower, (Noticing that the System Idle Process is constantly above 50% CPU, is that a problem?) Ive only ever been able to find the virus on the AVG scanner. Im running Windows Service Pack 2 and a solution to this problem would be very grateful as it is becoming increasingly more frustrating to deal with.

Regards

Pugilist_Cott

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum, more appropriate for subject matter ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 14 April 2010 - 09:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pugilist_Cott

Pugilist_Cott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

*bump*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users