Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer warning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 midwestmama

midwestmama

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

I am trying to help my sister with this. She said that when she booted up her Dell Latitude that this was the message or ie warning. Someone else is logged on to your computer and has stolen all your software. Her screen went black but now has alot of stuff on her screen random lines etc when it tries to reboot.
I immediately had her disconnect the internet line but dont know what is really going on. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected, more appropriate forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 14 April 2010 - 07:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Can you post a screenshot of the said error message?

What do you mean by random lines?

If the laptop is off then no one can be logged into it.

What was she doing prior to getting that error message?

#3 midwestmama

midwestmama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

cryptodan,
I am sure that the computer was in sleep mode, from what i understand she just closes the laptop when she is done using it. She had done some bill paying earlier but at the time of the message she just opened her laptop. The random lines is the best she could describe but said that it was strange and acted like it was reloading.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Well usually when someone just locks their computer and then leave it when they return it will still show someone logged in. What OS are they using?

#5 midwestmama

midwestmama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

she is using windows xp, but it didnt show someone logged in there was a message that said someone else was it. Then the message about software and files being stolen. I had her unplug the internet and she tried to reboot. She got the black screen with the strange lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users