Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Center malware fixed but still problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 damnedcolonist

damnedcolonist

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

So after eight hours of in vain attempts to remove the newest version of the Windows Security Center malware from my computer, it's finally gone. However, there seem to be some remaining problems associated with it or with the process of removing it.

1) The blue screen of death will somewhat frequently pop up, often for no apparent reason.

2) I still can't connect to the internet. About 75% of the times I open Google Chrome, Firefox, or (god forbid) Internet Explorer, they completely freeze my computer and I have to restart it.

To clarify, I'm almost certain that all of the malware is completely removed from my computer. I did several virus scans using Spyware Doctor and Malwarebytes (which I have since removed from my computer) and I've deleted everything related to the problem. I don't know if it's relevant, but after I removed everything I still wasn't able to access my task manager... that problem has since been fixed, though.

I don't think there are any other symptoms. Any other info I need to provide? Help!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 13 April 2010 - 10:41 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users