Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent Check Disk on Start Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kalyankg

kalyankg

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:23 AM

Hi, My system automatically goes for check disk after booting before windows startup. This is happening since four months, being fed up of this I opted for hibernation of the system. I don't have any bad sectors in my Hard disk as the check disk report says. Can anybody help me in this regard?

bye

kalis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:33 AM

Do you have perfect disk installed? I know from personal experience Perfect disk can cause this to happen.

If you have here is how to fix it.

anandtech.com

Find the following in the registry PDBoot.exe autocheck autochk *

It will be around here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager or just simply run find for PDBoot.exe and delete the value.

MS articles on how to fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;316506

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545/EN-US/

If your running Win2K see here.

See this post here

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:11 AM

Hi, My system automatically goes for check disk after booting before windows startup. This is happening since four months, being fed up of this I opted for hibernation of the system. I don't have any bad sectors in my Hard disk as the check disk report says. Can anybody help me in this regard?

bye

kalis

Exactlt how do you shut the system down and what do you do to boot it back up?

#4 Grrr

Grrr

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:05 PM

I had a similar symptom for quite some time. It turned out to be a failing stick of RAM. You might run a thorough ram check and see if that exposes any problems. There are several utilities out there that will run your memory through it's paces thoroughly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users