Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Is My PC Blocking Mapquest Links?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cypod

Cypod

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

This only started recently, and is a real puzzler...

If I go to any site that has an embedded Mapquest link for directions, etc. and I click on that link, the Mapquest "loading" symbol starts running, but the link never loads. This happens in both Firefox and Explorer (If I go directly to Mapquest, it will load fine, & any page with a Google or Yahoo Maps link loads ok).

I tried turning off my firewall and anti-virus programs, but that has no effect. I'm also running Hostsman to manage my hostfile - exiting that doesn't help, either. I also tried updating Java, but no joy. I'm running XP Home SP3.

Any ideas?

-Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

Is this supposed to be a popup window? If so, turn off your popup blocker.

#3 Cypod

Cypod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

Thanks, but the "loading" window itself is a pop up(?), so I guess that's why disabling the blocker on either browser had no apparent effect. But... I just ran a Windows Update (mostly security) for XP, and now the problem is gone!

...Interesting :thumbsup:

Edited by Cypod, 15 April 2010 - 12:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users