Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, Antivirus will not re-install or update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AquaDSLGuy

AquaDSLGuy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Help, I think I have virus, I noticed a problem a few weeks ago and have been unable to solve it. First I could not update windows or Microsoft OneCare virus definitions. Scans did not find anything, still ahd problems. So I followed OneCare instructions and uninstalled software after other steps failed. in doing so I was unable to re-install the antivirus software. I then tried to download another antivirus proram. However i am unable to visit ay of the sites online. I read onlie it may be spyware malware so I download and scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware and it found 2 trogans and removed. rebooted and still the same problem. I was able to eventually was able to download and tried to instal AVG Free but it gets stuck on checking Internet connection. Ran anotehr spyware scan and cleaned things up.

Currently I am still unable to install any antivirus software. This is the loop I am stuck in and now looking for other solutions.

I am runing a Windows XP Home SP3 with a wired DSL connection. The inernet works fine, i just unable to visit/install/unable Antivirus software. Also many executable files are unable to load. (Eg. Shareaza, Nero, Winamp)

Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users