Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Links are Rerouting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jennesis86

jennesis86

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

So I use both Internet Explorer 7 (can't update due to incompatibility with work-related software) and Mozilla Firefox 3.5. On either browser, if I click on the links from a search engine, 9 times out of 10 I will be rerouted to a random website usually related to shopping or obscure search engines. Previously (about a week ago) this computer was infected with the "AntiVirus Suite" malware and I followed the instructions on the spyware removal guide provided by your website to remove said virus. Malwarebytes confirmed the infected files were removed successfully but judging by my current issues, apparently Malwarebytes was lying. Please help! I use this computer in the workplace and as I am the only semi-technologically inclined person at my job, I have no where else to turn besides overpriced technicians. Thanks so much in advance :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users