Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Girli

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:20 PM

i put in a cd... any cd... and the lil pop up cd beside my cursor flashes on and off every few seconds but nothing happens... if i go threw c/ and open or explore i get 'not responding'
event log as far as i can see... but this is my first time viewing them... says nothing but app hang 1001...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zanthryx

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:57 AM

I would say that more than likely your CD-ROM has died. It's not uncommon. And is certainly one of the more favorable computer break-down scenarios.

To clarify though:

1. Does the system hang when you go to My Computer? With CD in drive or Without?

2. When it hangs at explorer, what happens if you eject the CD from the drive? Are you able to?

3. Are you on any kind of network in which you have mapped network drives? (Private/Home networks included)

If the problem appears to isolate itself to CD drive activity, I would unplug the CD drive and retest. If this fixes the problem then you simply need to replace your CD drive. Again this is a favorable scenario. Without being able to spend any time with it however I would hate to venture any more intrusive advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users