This problem may occur if one of the following scenarios is true:
· The filter drivers in the CD and the DVD storage stack are not migrated successfully to Windows Vista or Windows 7.
· You uninstalled CD software that fails to properly remove itself in the registry.
· You installed software that adds filter drivers in the CD and the DVD storage stack that interfere with existing filters.
To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
For more information, follow the below link:http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...up-the-registry
Edited by MrBruce1959, 14 April 2010 - 09:19 AM.