Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drwatson problem popped out after being idle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mypcneedshelp

mypcneedshelp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

one evening i decided to take a break from using my computer for about 2 hours (yes it is idle and still turned on) then after returning back to the pc i had a very strange error.
the first error was with the internet explorer the computer prompted if i would send the error to windows (i ticked no)
the second error occured was with the "drwatson postmortem" error after i ticked dont send error the computer locked up and i cannot click anything. but i tried the task manager and i found a way to restart it using the task manager.

after rebooting it was all good and then i decided to post the problem here so i can find some helpful suggestions because i found it disturbing to have a very rare error like that and basing on google and other websites the error can somehow be triggered by some virus or something. it might have been minor but i think that errors like these can be the roots of BSODS.

thanks for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 936 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:17 AM

you can scan you pc for anything malicious with Malwarebytes
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button

And do an on line virus scan too
http://www.eset.com/online-scanner

update before you run malwarebytes
You should not have any problems running these scan engines, if you do then you might have some problems

you can check you event viewer and see if there are any errors in there, Go to control panel, click on the Administrative Tools icon, select the Event Viewer

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

What are the exact contents of the two error messages you received?

FWIW: Dr. Watson is a reporting tool within Windows, providing details about what transpired to result in an error.

Louis

#4 mypcneedshelp

mypcneedshelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

i'm trying my luck with malwarebytes

i'll also try to note down the exact errors if ever the error pops out again.

thanks for the replies guys

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

Do you know what was running prior to it going idle?

I would also run http://www.memtest.org and see if you have bad memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users