Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Month Old Security Tool Virus plus Newly Acquired Vista Anti-Malware Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fmwross2

fmwross2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

I'm new here. I just found this site on Google search because I just got a second virus, or maybe its the old one popping up again, I don't know.

First off, the old one: Basically a couple of months ago I was downloading some free software from a website and I got from what I can decipher the Security Tool virus. I looked online and tried a couple of methods of getting rid of it one being doing some stuff (I don't remember exactly what) and deleting the file and one being downloading a program. I thought that they worked, but there must be remnants because my ISP put a secured sites block on me because weeks later it was sending out bulk email. Anyways, I was just living with that until I was going to take it in somewhere.

Now I don't know how I did it this time, but I keep getting stuff popping up all over the place saying Vista AntiMalware - Unregistered Version and telling me I need to upgrade. Another thing says Keylogger Detected. Another one keeps popping up asking me to buy an unnamed product with a green check mark on the front. It says I have a Spyware infection where all the startup icons appear. It says I have harmful viruses.

It flashes something called Trojanaspx.js.win32.

What's the first step I should take?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users