Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video freezing up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fat2000

Fat2000

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have an old Gateway computer with a P4 2.0 ghz CPU and 2Gb RAM. This computer runs fine if I am performing any basic task but when I access the internet through my Browser it gets frozen or locked when I do something like a Video or Game online. I was using IE and it would freeze so I started to use Firefox and it did the same thing. I ran Malware Bytes and removed 2 trojans and still the problem persist. I am thinking that I need to replace the video card but the Graphics card is integrated to the MB. I would like to know if anyone has ever experienced this problem. If so, what was done to fix it and what was the end result? What recommendations do you have towards this problem? Thank you all in advance for your help. If need be, I can provide a Highjackthis log or something that might help you guys help me. Thank you again and hope to here from you all soon.

Frank :thumbsup:

PS. I am running old Windows XP Home on it.

Edited by Budapest, 13 April 2010 - 12:42 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

"I wear my TUX to LAN parties!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fat2000

Fat2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

Did I put this in the wrong forum? I hope somebody out there can help me.

#3 Fat2000

Fat2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

Well folks, I was able to determine the problem. You see the computer was upgraded by the previous owner into a 2 gig ram system but the system was made to go to a maximum of 1 gig in 512mb sticks multiples of two and there is 2 sticks of 1 gig PC2100 DIMM chips. All the spyware and any viruses that were in there were eradicated and I have even reinstalled the OS and all it's original software. However the video problem persist only when I go online or use the Media Player to view a video. I haven't removed the ram sticks yet and will be replacing them with new 512mb sticks as soon as they arrive in the mail from EBAY. I hope this will fix the video problem, if not I will come back into this forum and repost or reply to this problem. Thank you all for your help in advance.

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users