Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win7 and combofix

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 technogeek904

technogeek904

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

Why doesn't the creator of combofix get support from microsoft to tackle this problem finally i have seen both vista 64 bit and win7 getting infected by viruses or rougeware i know the code is twice what is there but someone needs to come up with a fix for 64 bit systems since everyone is now starting to move to 64 bit systems... got a comment????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Your question has already been answered here.

Also... ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

That is all you need to know. Just to be clear...

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Combofix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

Since KeyboardNinja has answered the question to the best of our ability, this topic will be closed now.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users