Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really P...ing me off!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SkipDiver

SkipDiver

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

I have an ASUS P5ND2-SLI Deluxe that was sent to me as a 3rd RMA from ASUS signed by them that they tested this motherboard personally and it worked. I have installed (currently) a 355EE intel processor, the 3.46Ghz Extreme processor. I can't get it to turn on the monitor, post, or once it finally does work on restart 213 of 500 to stay on without constantly restarting after about 7 seconds of being on. I have had the video card, and power supply tested and they work just beautifully. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the deal is. BestBuy won't touch it as it is a completely custom computer, not like they could really help anyway, but it was worth a shot. I need help, and lots of it. I can't figure out what is the deal. I haven't had the screen kick on in over a year, because now it just turns on, all fans kick on and that is it. No thinking, no lights moving, nothing inside but the fans spin. If anyone has ANY ideas on what to do, please don't hessitate to guide me with your vast knowledge. I have a E6700 processor too, but I have read that that processor does not work on this type of motherboard, so I have never bothered to even take it out of the box.
As far as I can tell by other forums, that I don't partake in, that the P5ND2-sli deluxe is 955x capable to run the Extreme Edition Pentium 4s. I also went to cpu-upgrade.com and read that that motherboard indeed does support that processor with ANY of the bios versions.
Please.....I beg. Thanks for reading

DJ :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

are you sure the CPU itself works? its not often ones defective but on occasion...also what type and speed of ram are you running?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

I don't really have a way of testing the processor, personally. I know the motherboard is a P5ND2-SLI Deluxe and the processor is an intel 955EE. I will check when I get home the ram. I know it is DDR2 667 2x1gb chips. One Pair (2x1gb) is Crucial and the other pair (2x1gb) is OCZ with Gold heatsinks. I'll get the exact specs later tonight when I am in front of it. Thanks for the reply.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

your CPU is the intel Pentium D 955 extreme edition, correct? that CPU is not supported by the motherboard http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupp...model=P5ND2-SLI which is why its not working. sorry.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#5 SkipDiver

SkipDiver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Thanks man. I appreciate it. ASUS had it on the page for the motherboard at the time I bought that it did in fact support it, but as I have read on other forums, that after the processor has been out and the motherboard, they realize it doesn't work so they take the "it works" lingo off their page......after I bought the combo and had given up on it apparently till recently. Thanks for your support and diligence on helping me, however.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

its not a problem, just sorry it didnt work out for ya. Ive done the same thing or similar, so I know how you feel. A friend gave me a intel Celeron D 331. Me, being used to AMD in that in most cases (except am2 CPUs to AM3) if the physically fits in the socket it will work, so I ordered the first motherboard off ebay I could get my hands on, turns out it didnt work, so I ordered one off newegg. What stunk is I figured out what the problem was AFTER I ordered it-the CPU required a motherboard with a 533 mhz FSB while the mobos had a minimum of a 800 mhz FSB. I ended up ordering a new CPU. learned that day how fickle intel is-the chipset has to support the CPU, and the bus speed has to line up. Its rather annoying, but its there. Anyway, Hope you figure something out, thats a nice CPU.

picard5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users