Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE google redirect problem.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ericskooky

ericskooky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hello, hoping someone can give me a hand here. Last day or two, google on IE is redirecting me to obviously false sites about half the time. Ran my AVG and malwarebytes, neither found anything. Also just discovered the same issue in Firefox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Not sure if this is related, but it started at the same time. I also notice that every now and then, a program called Microsoft Development Environment will load on its own, and crash, and will give me random errors about javascript, or that it can't change something, and in order to close it down I need to Ctrl+alt+del and End task on the file, I believe it's MDS.EXE or MDE.EXE.

Edited by ericskooky, 12 April 2010 - 09:34 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

Would you please post the Malwarebytes log that you have.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 MendMyComputer

MendMyComputer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

restart, boot into safemode as administrator and then Rescan.

Also turn off system restore settings before you do this... This can be done by holding the 'windows button' and 'pause Break' Button. Once the System Settings window pops up, select the system restore tab and tick the box named 'turn off system restore'. This stops infections re-infecting on reboot after it has been cleaned.

Once you have done these report back to tell me whether malware bytes and avg have detected anymore infections... Also make sure you are fully upto date with both bits of software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users