Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot connect to the domain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crimson37

crimson37

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

I am having this issue trying to log into my computer here at work if I have the network cabel plugged in and try to log in I get this messege "The trust relationship between the workstation and the primary domain failed" if I unplug the cabel and put in password I can log in then plug the cabel in and it works fine but I cant log in when cabel is plugged up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

you can log into your companies domain with no network cable being plugged in?

contact your IT admin and tell him/her the problem, im sure they can get you back up in no time.

Edited by thicool, 12 April 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#3 crimson37

crimson37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

well i think when i unplug cable it just logs me in localy to just this computer but if i plug in the cable then i get that messege. its very weird to me lol

#4 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

most likely it will be a simple change in the active directory, though i have never seen the message "The trust relationship between the workstation and the primary domain failed".

someone here at BC will know way more about this than me, im sure you will get your problem resolved.

Edited by thicool, 12 April 2010 - 03:24 PM.

#5 crimson37

crimson37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

ok thanks for the reply though

#6 Obujuwami

Obujuwami

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Interesting problem....

Your admin will more than likely end up fixing it by removing your computer from the domain while also removing it from Active Directory and resetting the trust.

As to why it would let you log in without the cable plugged in, I have a feeling that your logging into a cached domain account which will act normally if you are on Windows 2000/XP once you connect the network cable.

Hope it helps!

Edited by Obujuwami, 15 April 2010 - 05:02 PM.

#7 swagger

swagger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

In the middle of a domain migration at work here and have seen a similar "trust relationship" error on several machines that we migrate manually. The working fix (although not 100%) is to drop the computer from the domain to a workgroup, remove and add the computer to AD, then add the computer back to the domain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users