Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Directdr redirect--HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jake516

jake516

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

First, I'm new to posting but have been perusing your forums for about a year now and have found them helpful in removing past problems.

This issue, however, seems relatively simple but has caused me grief for the past week.

I've used Combofix, Superspy Antispyware, Spyware Begone, AVG, Hitman 3.5, Malwarebytes Antimalware and several others to no avail. I can't do a system restore either. All of the above programs have discovered issues, deleted them, however, the issue still returns.

I'm dealing with a browser hijacker that seems to be a link called "directdr" which pops up sporadically and whenever a google/yahoo search is made.

I'm really at my wits end trying to delete this infection.

While I do have some knowledge and have successfully fixed my PC in the past, I need to say that I may be unfamiliar with some of the lingo, etc so please excuse me in advance. I'm also new to this forum (as a user) and

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jake516

jake516
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

I'm running Windows XP and while I haven't been receiving any error messages, it seems to be centered around hijacking my internet browsers (IE8, Mozilla and Safari).

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hello,

Please read this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/ which discusses the use of ComboFix.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic.

If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users