Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't watch Blue-ray movies on my HP Laptop...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doomsday1969

doomsday1969

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

Hi everybody...thanks for all ur help on previous topic....Looks like I posted this on the wrong subject, but I don't know how to re-post it in the correct plkace...so I need some help here...
When I try to watch a Blue-ray movie using the Mediasmart software included in my laptop I can't watch the movie, but just listen to it. I treid using Win Media Player, but it looks it doesn't recognize it..

Here's my comp desc...
Windows Edition: Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2
Model: HP Pavillion dv7
Processor: AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHz
Memory(RAM): 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Also...

Drive E:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded Yes
Media Type UNKNOWN
Name HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate 3302.75 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMHL-DT-ST_BDDVDRW_CT10L__________________YC07____\5&7B92F76&0&3.0.0
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.0.6002.18005, 78.00 KB (79,872 bytes), 12/13/2009 9:37 PM)

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 April 2010 - 07:33 PM.
Move to Audio/Visual forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=reg_R1002_USEN

check this out from hp.
sounds like the codec isn't loaded for windows media player but using this has helped with others trying to get mediasmart to work.

#3 doomsday1969

doomsday1969
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

Sorry for the delay....Thanks for the help....problem solved. I went to the HP website using the link U provided and looked 2 me that there were a lot of updates that needed 2 b taken care for....multimedia ones included......well, it worked...THANKS AGAIN...!!!1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users