Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fire Fox Bookmarks.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tusk

Tusk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

Hi All. I'm a computer ludite, and have run Combofix to see if my system has any problem as the network I log onto for work has had some issues (other PC's on the network not being protected and various alerts coming up). The run didn't seem to produce anything out of the ordinary, and I'm now trying to find where my firefox bookmarks have gone. I did allow it to start the Windows recovery tool. Can someone please help as I don't know where to find them let alone reinstall them.
Thanks.
Tusk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Unlike what many people think, Combofix is not a fix-all program that's just "run and done". It is a highly specialized tool that should only be used under the supervision of an expert. It's not an "everyday use", clean-all program.

If you suspect malware, please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the contents of the log file (copy and paste the contents of the log into your topic, don't attach it). Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it. You will also likely be scolded for running Combofix without supervision.

If you don't suspect malware and just ran Combofix for no good reason, please uninstall it by typing the following into the "Run" box and pressing Enter: combofix /uninstall

But seeing as you don't suspect malware at least you don't think right?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users