Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Wireless network drops frequently

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aslamali

aslamali

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hello,
I have a small LAN setup which consists of a Linksys Router, D-Link ehternet switch, a server (server 2000 OS), a 3-co fax server and computers connected through wired as well as wireless connection. I have a Linksys WAG 120N router providing internet access through wired as well as wireless connection to my computers within the LAN, I have 7 laptops connected wirelessly to the internet through the Linksys router, and I also have a D-Link 10/100 fast ethernet switch connected to the router through a CAT 5 cable through which the wired connection are given to the server, fax server and a printer.
The problem is frequently every 1 hour/later my internet connection drops disabling internet in all the computer connected to the router, I have checked the router the internet light will be blinking on the router an either I will have to restart the router or have to wait for some time to get back the internet access. I am unable to figure out where the actual problem is, either is it with the internet connection or the router, I spoke to my ISP and they made an line check and everything is fine with them. I unable to figureout the problem weather is it with the internet connection or is with myrouter, Below are the details of my router configuration.

Router configuration
-------------------------

Protocol: PPPoA
Encapsulation: LLC
QoS: UBR
Channel: 6
Beacom Interval: 50
DTIM Interval: 3
Fragmentation Threshold: 2306
RTS Threshold: 2306

I would appreceate and will be thankful to get any suggestion or help for sorting out my problem,
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 swagger

swagger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

What type of linksys router is it? If it's a SOHO router, it might not be able to handle that many clients. Are you using third party firmware with it and if so, can you check the CPU/memory utilization?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users