Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only Open 1 Window at a Time Internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

I just got a laptop installed with Windows 7. Right out of the box, I'm having problems: I can only open one window at a time online, both in Firefox and IE.

What's up with this? How do I fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:27 AM

If you are talking about tabbed browsing., then you have two options : open many tabs in single window or open many windows. Check IE settings.

If this is not tabbed browsing, then it may be how Windows 7 displays windows in taskbar - all windows of same type in one place. Read this

#3 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

I still can't open more than one browser window at a time. I can't find any help on this online, either. If I open one internet browser window in either Firefox or IE, and I click on the task bar icon to open a second site, it just doesn't happen. I can't seem to open two browser windows at a time. Please help. This is very frustrating. I don't use the laptop online often which is why I didn't reply earlier.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

I just got a laptop installed with Windows 7

Return it.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 BMuLL

BMuLL

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

in the task bar.. right click on the Firefox or Internet Explorer Icon.... there should be a small window pop up......... when it does...scroll up and left click on the name "Mozilla Firefox" in you do this on the Firefox Icon...... or scroll up and Left click on the name "Internet Explorer" if you do this within the Internet Explorer Icon.... This will open a New Window in either browsers.... If this seems too complicated....... then make shortcuts to each browsers on your desktop............ and each time you want to open a new window with one of the browsers............. Just double click on the browser icon/s on your desktop

Hope this helps you............ Good luck

BMuLL

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

I still can't open more than one browser window at a time. I can't find any help on this online, either. If I open one internet browser window in either Firefox or IE, and I click on the task bar icon to open a second site, it just doesn't happen. I can't seem to open two browser windows at a time. Please help. This is very frustrating. I don't use the laptop online often which is why I didn't reply earlier.

By clicking the taskbar icon in Windows 7, you are simply maximizing and minimizing the open window (or switching between two open windows of the same kind, if 2 or more are open).

There are many ways to open new windows in Firefox and IE. BMuLL gave some good ones.

You can also hold down the Shift key, then click the taskbar icon of the browser you want to open another window in. As an alternative to that, while in the browser, hit the following keyboard combination: Ctrl + N. This will also open a new window. You can even go to the menu bar, and open a new window that way.

The Windows 7 interface can be a little tricky at first if you're not used to it. This tutorial might help with getting to know the taskbar better.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#7 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

I just got a laptop installed with Windows 7

Return it.

im shocked ,best window version ever ,and you say return it .lol

like its already been said just right click on the icon on the tool bar and click on IE or Firefox ,also works for windows explorer .it will open another window

Edited by caperjac, 09 October 2010 - 06:44 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users