ok i have the same problem...
what i bought:
*Mini DVI to VGA display adapter
*VGA to TV S-Video 3 RCA AV Adapter Cable for Computer
*S-Video connector (male)
what i did:
* connected the mini dvi/vga to vga/tv
* plugged in yellow, red, white AND s-video into the tv (video in slot)
* when to the display options did the whole detect display ( nothing found)
* took out the s-video leaving the yellow, white and red
* tried the detection again (still nothing)
* took out the yellow video plug leaving s-video red and white audio
* tried the detection again ( still nothing)
* i also tried every resolution option and still nothing !!!
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!! I have a standard tube tv as well ( APEX AT2408 production date March 2003 -yikes!! lol)
Anyway HEELLLPP!!!!! PLLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!
Edited by eloiaj, 01 September 2011 - 07:54 PM.