Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

macbook to my standard TV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OregonSNOB

OregonSNOB

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

I have a question if someone can help me. I am trying to connect my macbook to my television. The tv is just a standard tube television which is a few years old and only has connections for s-video, and the standard yellow jack for the image display.

I am trying to watch Hulu using the television as my screen. I bought a mini DVI converter which has two jacks: one is an s-video and the other the standard yellow jack. I have tried hooking up my macbook to the tv with with both connections and neither give me a picture on the tv screen.

Its like something is wrong with my resolution or something on my computer. I can tell that the tv is trying to mirror what is on my macbook, but it looks really fuzzy and it looks like the image is tiled. It is also really dark.

I tried a few different resolution combinations and nothing seems to come in clear enough to be recognizable. I also tried this on another tv with the same result. Someone please help! Is there a certain resolution I need to be set on to make this work? There has to be a way to do this.

Thanks

OregonSNOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users