Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When do I use ComboFix Log File?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Fiddleman

Mr. Fiddleman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hi,

I think I have the correct forum for this thread. If not, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. My computer got infected with Antivirus Suite. I keep getting the Antivirus Suite pop-up screen and another one in the lower left corner of the screen labeled Antivirus Alert and asks me if I want to buy protection or continue unprotected. Also, despite the fact that I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser, the infection also causes my Internet Explorer to open up to an unpleasant website. I tried removing the Antivirus Suite infection with ComboFix, but I'm stuck at the end of the process. I followed all of the prompts that were listed on bleepingcomputer.com's instruction list for running ComboFix. After everything was finished a log report was generated and I saved it. When I minimized the screen with the report I noticed that the icon on my desktop for ComboFix that was there after I saved it to my desktop early on in the process was no longer on my desktop. Is this a problem? At the end of the instructions is says "Post this log as a reply to the topic where you were asked to run combofix". The program never gave me a screen asking me run combofix where I could post the report as a reply. I don't know when to actually use the ComboFix log file. Did I miss something? I tried this last night, too, but the infection is still on my computer. Last night I had a separate log file created, but I can only find the one generated from today. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I would really appreciate the help with this problem. Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Edited by Budapest, 11 April 2010 - 10:26 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Please follow the instructions given here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Mr. Fiddleman

Mr. Fiddleman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Thank you, Budapest. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

-Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users