Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Google redirect?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dlk11756

dlk11756

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

Internet searches have been redirecting me through a few sites before I end up on a site that may or may not be related to what I clicked on. It happens in both Mozilla and IE8, and with Google and Yahoo. I tried Hitman 3.5, and it found and quarantines a file, but that didn't solve the problem. I've been researching the problem all day, and ComboFix appears to be the recommended solution, but everything I read about it says to work it in conjunction with someone who knows it well.

I'm relatively computer savvy (former CNE, currently working as a Learning Management System administrator), but I', not too familiar with some of the more intricate aspects of this kind of work. Please let me know if there is anything other diagnostic work you need from me before making a suggestion. I have downloaded the instructions for ComboFix, and Windows runs daily backups for me, so I'm pretty well ready to go.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dlk11756

dlk11756
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

I don't see a way to cancel a request, so I guess I'll just post it here. I seem to have fixed my problem. I downloaded ShopZilla, ran the scan, and all appears to be well. Cost me $10 after rebate, but that was cheap, all things considered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users