Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows One Care Uninstall Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WHemschik

WHemschik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

Ever since Microsoft informed me of no more Windows One care , my computer has not been itself. I am unable to uninstall this program or currently any other program because it always says under programs and features to wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed. However, I am not changing or uninstalling anything else.
Please advise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

Here is directions on how to uninstall one care. Since you say you have been in the programs and features menu, I am assuming you have tried that step. I included the link because it not only has a link to the Window live onecare cleanup utility, but more importantly a link to get help if that fails.

Hope this helps.

Also, what are you going to put on after you get rid of that? I'm using the Microsoft security essentials, which is the replacement for one care, and I'm happy with it. If you decide to use it, please note that it shuts off Windows defender. LOL The first computer I looked at that had it MSSE on it and the Defender shut down freaked me out. I thought a virus had shut down the Defender until I researched it. (That was before i out MSSE on my computer).

If you are wanting to get away from Microsoft for AV, there are several good FREE programs out there, there is no need to pay for any. Many people like Avast!, AVG, or Comodo (among others). McAfee and Norton while the most heavily adveretised and offered as crapware on new computers, aren't exactly the best. They have a heavy foot print and seem to bog down systems. I would avoid those two if possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users