Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp pro continually restarts during boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 buddyclm

buddyclm

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

I have a computer running Windows XP Pro. When the boot process gets to the Windows splash screen it can barely be seen and then the computer restarts. I have changed power supplies and RAM and no change. I put in the Windows XP Pro cd and did a repair install, as long as the cd is in the drive, Windows will boot fine. but when I take the cd out, it starts resetting itself during boot. It is also the same way if I run chkdsk /r. I have also ran fixmbr and bootfix with no changes. Then when it let me into Windows using the above method, I turned off the restart on error. I reset the computer and got the following BSOD

file xtmqseqs.sys

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area

0x00000050 (0xf6fdcfff, 0x00000001, 0xff285775, 0x00000000)

xtmqseqs.sys - address f7285775 base at f7212000, Datestamp 00000000

Can someone please help me get the computer back up and going?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Not finding that strange file in a Google search is a good enough reason to suspect malware.

Please post a Posted Image in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this topic (they will want to know why you suspect malware).

Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users