Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tried to cure Security tool but cannot install or open any files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 qwerty1234

qwerty1234

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

hey everyone,

My computer is infected with the security tool software. I have been trying to cure it using the brilliant guides on this forum, although im having problems. Every program that it tells me to install, i cant. It will download to the computer fine but when i click to open it it flashes up then goes again.

So far it had happend with

Malware bytes

RKill

Defogger

and super anti spyware

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mnyukon

mnyukon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

Having the identical problem. Please help!!

#3 sduvick

sduvick

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Can you run Task Manager?
some way to see what processes are being run? also have you tried booting into safe mode and trying to run the tools there?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 April 2010 - 08:27 PM.
Edited out misallowed question. ~ OB

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

mnyukon,

Please start your own topic to avoid confusion for all concerned.

@ qwerty1234,

Have you tried running rkill multiple times? That trick sometimes works. Remember - DO NOT reboot after running rkill.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Addendum. @ qwerty1234, I see that you are receiving assistance here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308332/security-tool-software-auto-installed-problems/ This topic is now closed to avoid confusion. Please return to your other topic. If boopme doesn't respond to you by tomorrow, please send him a reminder PM. Title it something like: Awaiting your reply and in the message body include the topic link. He works a lot of topics.