Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/Malware Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Prising

Prising

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hopefully I'lve got enough information for someone to get an idea of what is going on with my desktop.

Went surfing for international dog breeders. Found a site that listed internations show dogs and breeders along with their website. I had opened several windows when my system was hit by a lot of something (not sure what) so that eveything stopped. I had to restart the sytem and found noticed my system was lagging terribly. I then noticed "new" files on my system so...

1) Disabled NetBios over TCP/IP (not sure if this helped any)
2) CCleaner
3) Downloaded and ran FixVundo (found & removed)
4) Downloaded and ran FixSasser (nothing)
5) Downloaded and ran Stinger1010838 (removed some & final said 164,887 clean files)
6) Ran Super AntiSpyware (found multiples including Reader_S, adaway, txt files (sef, pks, ide, etc), and klgd.bmp)
7) Downloaded and ran MalwareBytes AntiMalware (found several virus (reset5c, ide, AGProtect, etc) & reg entries). Note: AGProtect returns upon boot.

Thought everything was good, but upon reboot....noticed things weren't right so I reran the above and more virus/malware were found and removed. This happened several (Ha! several times several times several) times over the past 2 days. I then noticed my CD/DVD drive was no longer found by the systm and using SAS results in the system shutting down. Winodow Application stating The instruction at 0x00051442 referenced memory at 0x00051442. The memory could not be "written" and NT Authority shutdown (40 seconds or so) Stop 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8A390329, 0xB9E821C8) 0x00000000. I'm sure I've misssed some as it seems there's been so much. So much that I decided I needed someone with knowledge on this to assist me so I can have my system back.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

Ran Super AntiSpyware (found multiples including Reader_S,

Could be virut,can you post the mbam and super logs

#3 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Below is the MBAM's log report (AGProtect has returned upon reboot). I'm unable to run SAS as it now shuts down my system. I also seem to get the Windows - Application Error (The instruction at 0x00051442 referenced memory at 0x00051442. The memory could not be written") within minutes of rebooting. If I click OK, the NT Authority message appears and the machine logs off. If I do nothing, at least I can stay online.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.45
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 3978

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

4/12/2010 1:24:23 AM
mbam-log-2010-04-12 (01-24-23).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 98272
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 30 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AGprotect (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Ran Super AntiSpyware (found multiples including Reader_S,

Could be virut,can you post the mbam and super logs

#4 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
  • (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
  • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

#5 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

I am going to have to try this again tomorrow. The first time I ran it, it locked up after 7 hrs 49 min (yes, you read that right). I did see one adware at that time..something called gdown. I then decided to break it down so I rebooted the system. I happened to notice two strange program running (7778xxp.exe and mz6kz4.exe). I scanned the D drive and it came up clear (took 90 min). After that I scanned the C: drive. After four hours (nothing found), there was a Windows Application Error (lo and behold it was 7778xxpe.exe) stating Instruction at 0x7ff32b3f referenced memory at 0x7ff32b3f. This memory could not be read. So, I'll try again tomorrow. If this 77789xxp.exe and mz6kz4.exe are running, should I stop them before starting the scan?

I just now got the Windows - Application Error. The instruction at 0x00051442 referenced memory at 0x00051442. The memory could not be written. This one seems to pop up after a bit of time...and once OK is clicked to terminate the program then the NT AUTHORITY error message pops up saying the system will be shut down. Ugh...

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:

• Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
  • (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
  • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

#6 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:06 AM

Hold off on the DRweb.Try this rootkit scanner

GMER
-------
Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

Posted Image
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

#7 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

Here's the GMER log for System, Sections, and IAT/EAT:
MER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-04-14 21:05:01
Running: Christimer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\kftyqfow.sys

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwConnectPort [0xB5270630]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwCreateFile [0xB5269D80]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwCreateKey [0xB528E070]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwCreatePort [0xB5270E40]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwCreateWaitablePort [0xB5270FB0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwDeleteFile [0xB526AC60]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwDeleteKey [0xB528F780]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwDeleteValueKey [0xB528F160]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwLoadKey [0xB5290080]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwLoadKey2 [0xB52902B0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwOpenFile [0xB526A750]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwRenameKey [0xB5291430]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwReplaceKey [0xB5290A40]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwRequestWaitReplyPort [0xB5270180]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwRestoreKey [0xB52910D0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwSetInformationFile [0xB526B080]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwSetSecurityObject [0xB52918E0]
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD) ZwSetValueKey [0xB528E970]

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text ntkrnlpa.exe!ZwCallbackReturn + 2FA0 8050483C 4 Bytes JMP 4144FD69

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe[760] USERENV.dll!UnregisterGPNotification + 8059 769E18ED 1 Byte [FF]

---- Kernel IAT/EAT - GMER 1.0.15 ----

IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [B52743D0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [B52743D0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [B52743D0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [B52743D0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [B52743D0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisRegisterProtocol] [B5276080] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisDeregisterProtocol] [B52743D0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisCloseAdapter] [B52767C0] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
IAT \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys[NDIS.SYS!NdisOpenAdapter] [B5275E90] \SystemRoot\System32\vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Here's the GMER log for Devices, Modules, and Processes:
GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-04-14 21:06:10
Running: Christimer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\kftyqfow.sys

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs bb-run.sys (Promise Disk Accelerator/Promise Technology, Inc.)

Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\IPMULTICAST vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Check Point Software Technologies LTD)

AttachedDevice \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat bb-run.sys (Promise Disk Accelerator/Promise Technology, Inc.)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

I found that my PC shuts down during the Registry/Files scan so I'll try to do them seperately.

Thanks for your help! I know this is frustrating!

#8 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

The Threrad,Libraries, Services, and Files cam4e up with No Modifications found. When I ran the GMER for the Registry, a blue screen popped up saying, Page Fault in Non Paged Area. It mentioned this could be due to new hardware -- which is funny as my PC no longer recognizes the CD/DVD drive. When I boot up, I do get the message about new hardware being found but I didn't want to do anything in case it's not referring to the CD/DVD drive.

#9 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:15 AM

I need you to run the following scan: Eset Online Scanner
  • Place a check mark in the box YES, I accept the Terms Of Use
  • Click the Start button.
  • Now click the Install button.
  • Click Start. The scanner engine will initialize and update.
  • Do Not place a check mark in the box beside Remove found threats.
  • Click the Scan button. The scan will now run, please be patient.
  • When the scan finishes click the Details tab.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the C:\ProgramFiles\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt into your next reply.

#10 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Results of the Eset online Scan:

C:\Program Files\Unlocker\eBay_shortcuts_1016.exe a variant of Win32/Adware.ADON application
C:\Program Files\Travian\Evolution\Plugins\Postdata\postdata.exe Win32/Packed.Autoit.Gen application

NOTE: The Travian line is part of a program I was working on with others. This I will uninstall and delete.

Edited by Prising, 16 April 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#11 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

I am not really seeing much in your logs.

If you are still having problems you will need to follow steps 6-9 here
They can use stronger tools to get a better look at what is going on.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

#12 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

Well, I did the defogger and the dds logs. The txt file is below but I'll not list the attach file:

Removed. ~ OB

I'm just not sure what to do now. I had gotten a pop up from my ISP stating there was unusual activity from my PC and suggested using the Combofix (which I did). I also have zone alarm and the pc firewall but that is it.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 April 2010 - 10:20 PM.

#13 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

You need to post the dds logs here
They are not allowed in this forum.It may take a few days for a reply.Be patient and don't bump your topic as they look for topics with 0 replies first.

#14 Prising

Prising
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hey Trollocks, thanks for all your help. I certainly appreciate it. I did post the DDS logs but have to admit that I have no idea what bumping means

#15 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310393/dds-logs-needing-review-for-unknown-virusmalwareadware/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users